Enhance Your Foreign Rights Management Skills with
LIT-UP Module training 3
Are you passionate about bringing literature across borders? LIT-UP invites you to join its 3rd module on Management of Foreign Rights, designed to equip you with the knowledge and tools to succeed in the international market.
Module 3 kicks off on March 1st! Register here to secure your spot.
What awaits you?
- Dive deep into foreign rights: Gain insights into contracts, royalties, copyright protection, and more through expert-curated materials like readings, agreements, and reflections from professionals.
- Independent learning: Explore 20 hours of self-paced content on the Moodle platform, including videos, articles, audio, and practical worksheets.
- Community building: Connect with fellow participants and ask questions during live workshops and dedicated “Ask an Expert” sessions.
- Interactive workshops: Join live Zoom sessions led by renowned experts like Petra C. Hardt, Lawrence Schimel, and Renata Zamida. Learn about buying & protecting rights, navigating translation sales, and crafting captivating book proposals.
Our zoom sessions are:
Buying, protecting, selling rights 14. 3. 2024 at 17h
The session delivered by Petra C. Hardt, ex head of the rights department at esteemed German publisher Suhrkamp Verlag and consultant, offers unique and informed insight into day-to-day practices in the rights and permissions departments of publishing houses, adressing key underlying and practical issues, such as the protection of intellectual property, the length of copyright, contract duration, and the appropriate royalty rates for authors.
A Success Story: Practical Tips from an Author Translated into over 60 Languages 18. 3. 2024 at 16h
Prolific and award-winning author, translator, and editor Lawrence Schimel will offer an explanation aimed specifically at writers of how translation rights sales work, explaining what they actually are, how and when they happen, and who is involved in making them happen. He will also offer advice as to what writers themselves can try to do to help find translators and/or publishers for their works. The talk will include a question and answer session.
Make the”book proposal” your strongest agenting tool 20. 3. 2024 at 18h
Do you want to get your book translated and published on a foreign market? A strong book proposal is your first step to success. Learn about:
– the key elements of a book proposal,
– tips and tricks to make your business partner keep on reading, and
– the profiles that make the best literary intermediaries and agents in thebook sector.
The workshop will showcase good practice examples, helpful layouts and success stories you can be inspired by.